Commitment to Training
At Well Done we have a firm commitment to training and a range of initiatives are in place. All staff, even administrative staff, are required to undertake basic operator training in our systems.
We handle a wide range of clients with changing and complex needs. Clients are assigned to different queues (simple, complex, emergency etc) so that operators will be handling calls that they have been trained to take.
Operators are given staged training and are formally assessed and graded before they are assigned to handle more complex work. Here is a brief overview:
- Initial induction – focus on confidentiality and customer service issues, client specific induction, and overview of client groups;
- General skills training – basic operator skills over 2 weeks then weekly feedback and monitoring of individual operators’ logs; daily individual training with Team Leaders; monthly group training;
- Formal (external) training - TAFE NSW 2 day course in Contact Centre Communication Skills (27580) has been specifically designed for Well Done contact centre training to cover use of voice, listening and customer service skills;
- Formal (internal) training – Aussie Host; modules on dealing with difficult customers; active listening; radio communications; Council Boot Camp; taking emergency calls etc;
- Staff Reviews – formal reviews with the Contact Centre Supervisor are conducted every six months; informal peer assessments are also conducted with monthly Above and Beyond Awards being voted by anonymous staff ballot.
- Client specific training – fortnightly and additionally as required 1:1 and in groups;
- Presentations to staff – clients are welcome to address our monthly training sessions to facilitate dialogue and understanding; likewise, Client Services and Operational personnel sometimes make presentations to our clients’ staff.
We also offer traineeships leading to formal qualifications such as the Contact Centre Certificate III in Customer Contact, Frontline Management, and Training & Assessment.
Additional training for specific roles (OH& S representatives, marketing and management etc) is also undertaken as required.